“Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” John F. Kennedy
Leadership in today’s world is about being authentic, vulnerable, and making genuine connections with your peers and team members. With an educated, motivated, mission-driven and passionate work force, the shortcomings in command and control management have been starkly revealed by high turnover and cultural upheaval.
My leadership coaching is about helping you form the best possible relationships, navigating tough conversations and decisions, and staying authentic in the workplace. It can be about business strategy or tactics, but you likely have a boss who can help you with that. Leadership coaching is more about doing some internal work to ensure you’re showing up as your best self with your team, peers and management. An obvious benefit of this work will be improved team results and enhanced career progression, but more importantly it will help you be happy while in the office.
Some example topics for leadership coaching:
- Brainstorm ways to achieve better connections with and between team members
- Make sure you and everyone else on your team have a clear definition of success
- Optimize meeting structures for maximum impact
- Plan for a sustainable workload for you and your team before burnout strikes
- Create a powerful list of Operating Principles for your team that will maintain well-aligned behavior
- Get re-centered and fire up your passion after a moment of upset
- Intentional career planning and how to discuss with your boss
- Rehearse a challenging conversation with a customer, vendor, partner or employee
- Review and get feedback on an important presentation
- Identify the best metrics to define success for one of your teams
- Figure out how to best deal with an office conflict